It's been forever since I've shared a Stampin' Fun Friday project, right?!
I don't have a video to go with today's stamped card share but I do have some additional photos + instructions. :)
I needed some thank you cards for my daughter to mail out after her birthday a few weeks ago and this is the design I came up with. Very simple but it uses my favorite new butterfly cling stamp + that great cloud background stamp that I just can't get enough of!
- Butterflies Remountable Rubber Cling Stamps by Hero Arts
- 4x4.5 Inch Cling Block by Hero Arts
- Clouds Wood Mounted Stamp by Hero Arts
- Thank You Sayings Clear Design Stamp Set by Hero Arts
- Black Memories Dye Ink Pad by Hero Arts
- Soft Pool Shadow Ink by Hero Arts
- Colored Pencils by Prismacolor
- Gamsol (for blending colored pencils)
- Tiny Attacher by Tim Holtz
- Corner Chomper Crop-a-dile
- Trim cream smooth cardstock (Stampin' Up) to 8" x 4", fold in half, score and round corners.
- Stamp Hero Arts Cloud Background Stamp on front of card using Soft Pool Shadow Ink.
- Stamp Butterfly Cling Stamp on front of card (over background stamping) using Black Memories Ink.
- Stamp greetings below butterfly using Black Memories Ink.
- Stamp butterfly again on additional sheet of cream cardstock and color in both stamped butterflies as follows:
- Color in tips of butterfly wings using Dahlia Purple Prismacolor pencil.
- Color in the inside of each wing section and small dots using Aquamarine Prismacolor Colored Pencil.
- Blend the two colors together using Gamsol and a Blending Stump. I started with the purple and shaded down, then shaded up to meet the purple with the aquamarine, blending them together really well in the middle for a really nice shaded look. For the very top section of the wing, I didn't add any aquarmarine and only shaded the purple all the way down so it looks lighter the closer it gets to the center of the butterflies body.
- Color in the butterfly body with French Grey Prismacolor Colored Pencil and blend with Gamsol and a Blending Stump. Color in the outline of the butterfly body with the Aquamarine colored pencil.
- Cut out the second butterfly and layer right over the one stamped on the front of the card. Secure top butterfly by stapling to the card and tying a string to the center.
The layered effect is so pretty and easy to create.
Have a super weekend!