One of my favorite things: two-page layouts. Love them. And that is this month's garden theme. :)
I love 2 page layouts. I find that by creating a two-page layout I am able to include many photos and scrapbook one event on one 2-page spread. I had scrapbooked several of these photos years ago but had them on about 3 different layouts and none of the other layouts really "said" anything or told a story about these photos. Because I was working with a film camera at the time and didn't really want to go have reprints made from the negatives I chose to work with what I had and I trimmed the photos to work with the layout design.
One thing that can "change up" the look of your two page spreads is to not use the same background for both sides of the page. Many times I use the same patterned paper or cardstock to bring the two sides of the layout together. For this page I chose to use 2 different patterns but use the same combination of patterned papers so that the spread has a nice cohesive look.
- Scarf North Pole Collection Paper by Crate Paper
- Pine North Pole Collection Paper by Crate Paper
- Peppermint North Pole Collection by Crate Paper
- Snow North Pole Collection Paper by Crate Paper
- Frosty North Pole Collection Paper by Crate Paper
- White Moma Remarks Letter Sticker Book by American Crafts
- Ducks in a Row Label Stickers by October Afternoon
- 25 Days of Christmas Rub Ons by Little Yellow Bicycle
- Naughty or Nice Rub-on (Making Memories)
- Christmas Tag (Making Memories)
- 25 Days of Christmas Glittered Chipboard Shapes by Little Yellow Bicycle
- Mint Truffle Merrymint Ribbon Assortment Box by American Crafts
- Clear Gemstones by Hero Arts
- Stick Pin by Heidi Grace
- Leave It to Weaver Border Punch by Fiskars
- Apron Lace Border Punch by Fiskars
- Tiny Attacher by Tim Holtz
- Notch Tool (Making Memories)
Product Focus Layout:
The new Junior collection from American Crafts is one of my newest fav's! I love the bold, primary colors. They are perfect for so many different types and themes of layouts.
For my layout, I chose to go with the sports theme and incorporated stars and flair that reinforced the photos.I used small strips of color and pattern and then punched scalloped strips and used the solid back sides of the patterned papers.
I had a lot of photos I wanted to use so I cut a black photomat using the Silhouette and printed a bunch of small photos (2 1/4" x 1 3/4") and adhered them behind the frame.
I printed the journaling directly on one of the Little Yellow Bicycle journaling sheets and added a sticker and punched along one side for added embellishment.
Two of my favorite photos I printed 2"x 3" and left a white border around each. I added Tim Holtz mini clips to them for a bit of interest.
Silhouette Shape Used:
- Boom! Varnish Junior Paper by American Crafts
- Radical! Junior Paper by American Crafts
- Rock On! Junior Paper by American Crafts
- Roar! Varnish Junior Paper by American Crafts
- Shazam! Varnish Junior Paper by American Crafts
- Black 12x12 AC Cardstock Pack by American Crafts
- White Moma Remarks Letter Stickers by American Crafts
- Night Light Stickers by October Afternoon
- Farm Fresh Word Stickers by October Afternoon
- Go! Junior Flair Adhesive Badges by American Crafts
- Chipboard Stars (Making Memories)
- Mini Paper Clips by Tim Holtz
- Border Punch Kit by 7Gypsies
- Scallop Sentiment Border Punch by Fiskars
- Silhouette SD Digital Craft Cutter
- Tiny Attacher by Tim Holtz
Come back tomorrow to see the December installment for Celebrate the Seasons (it's the last month for this class). I am so excited to share this last month's layout with you. :) More soon!