However I did manage to get my red rhinestone pillow sewn together. I misspoke the other day, it's red corduroy, not red suede. I forgot what I bought. ha!
Okay. A few notes about this pillow:
- The finished size (pillow insert) is 12" x 22".
- There will be two more green rhinestone trees in that empty space and also a few rhinestones added to the tree on the left. Note to self: before committing to any project like this - count the pieces (rhinestones) needed before getting your heart set on a certain design. I came up with the design and then realized I did not have near enough rhinestones. Just peachy. Ordering those today and will share a finished photo once the design is complete.
- Just like this pillow I shared here, this one is removable (it buttons closed on the back) for easy removal, cleaning, etc.
- I combined several rhinestone designs together for one big design. I ungrouped the designs so that I could remove circles where they overlapped (see where the santa tree overlaps the green one) before cutting the design out of the template material.
- There wasn't the exact title that I wanted in rhinestone designs so I created my own out of a rhinestone alphabet.
Just thought I'd share this photo with regards to the rhinestone pillows. Apparently they are not uncomfortable at all. My little guy loves them! He was pretending to be asleep and couldn't quite keep both eyes all the way shut to actually be believable. ha!