I am so, so, SO excited about Silhouette's newest venture: Rhinestones. To learn all about this amazing new concept check out the Silhouette Blog HERE.
To see the Rhinestone products click HERE.
I just got my rhinestone product late last week and couldn't wait to break it out as soon as I got home from my girlfriends scrapbook retreat! I have been putting off sewing a few Christmas pillow covers and after seeing some of the cute new rhinestone designs I decided to take a break from "work" and dive right into a sewing project. Just the right medicine for a not-so-great-day.
Here are the Silhouette Rhinestone designs I picked for my pillow:
I opened each design in the same window/project in my Silhouette software, using a landscape format so that the longer word would fit. Then I moved the designs until I found a design I liked.
A few notes:
- You can not change the size of the shapes or the rhinestones will not work. Each of the little holes is specifically sized to work with the rhinestones and can not be altered.
- I set up my designs to cut twice (I copied and pasted the design one right on top of the other). This helped my machine cut all the way through the rhinestone template material. I used the pink cutting tip and the "index 90" setting. You don't use a cutting mat with the rhinestone template material.
- I did use three different colors of rhinestones: red, green and clear. I probably could have covered up part of the design with masking tape but I didn't want to go search for it so I was just careful as to where I dumped them on my design. ;)
- I applied the rhinestones to my pillow cover front and then I sewed the back panels in place. The front panel for my pillow was 14.5" x 14.5".
- The back panels for my pillow were 14.5" x 12.5". (Cut two of these, fold the long end over twice and sew the seam in place. I created button holes on the back and sewed buttons on. That way I can remove the pillow cover after the Christmas season and put something else in it's place. :)
What the rhinestones look like on the template:
After the rhinestones are ironed in place on the pillow cover front (prior to sewing the pillow together):
More fun rhinestone shares coming your way tomorrow!
Have a great evening!