I am always needing baby cards + gifts on hand. We usually like to give the new parents diapers + a little something extra and these cute onsies fit the bill!
Silhouette Blog | January 15, 2010
I purchased several cute and inexpensive onsies at my local discount store (I thought these little striped ones were particularly cute!) and simply ironed on the rhinestone designs using Silhouette's Rhinestone Starter Kit & Rhinestones using this sweet elephant shape by Lori Whitlock. I repeated the rhinestone iron on on the matching die cut diaper baby cards. These were super fast and easy and now I have some baby cards/gifts ready for whenever I may need them!
- Open up the diaper die cut design and elephant rhinestone design in the Craft ROBO software. Make sure the designs fit together nicely. In this case, I did not need to resize the diaper card, I used it as is. Be sure not to change the size/dimensions of any rhinestone design as it will not cut correctly.
- Die cut the diaper card out of Snow Layering Paper from Hero Arts (I purposely used a "flat" paper so it was easy to embellish and stamp on).
- Die cut the elephant design from Rhinestone Template material.
- Place the elephant template on a Backing Board. *tip* I didn't have a backing board so I used a scrap piece of cardboard from a recent Two Peas order. Worked perfectly.
- Fill design with rhinestones of your choice. For the pink card + onsie I used the 10ss pink & clear rhinestones. For the blue card + onsie I used the 10ss blue & clear rhinestones.
- Layer rhinestone transfer tape over design and carefully lift up (the rhinestones cling right to it).
- Place transfer tape with rhinestones on project.
- Make sure iron has the steam setting turned off and place a thin cloth over transfer tape design.
- Place heated iron on top for 45-60 seconds (do not move iron back and forth).
- Turn garment inside out and repeat the previous step. When ironing the rhinestone design on the card I skipped this step. For complete instructions on ironing on the Silhouette Rhinestones, click HERE.
- For the cards, stamp greeting below rhinestone design. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect placement.
- Stamp additional phrase on the inside of diaper card.
- Apply light blue chalk around the edges of the card and that's it!
Silhouette Designs Used:
- Snow Layering Papers by Hero Arts
- Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set ("Hello Baby") by Stampin' Up
- Full of Life Stamp Set (phrase inside card) by Stampin' Up
- Memories Black Dye Ink by Hero Arts
- Pearlescent Chalks by Pebbles
- Silhouette SD Digital Craft Cutting Tool
- Pink 10ss Rhinestones
- Blue 10ss Rhinestones
- Clear 10ss Rhinestones
- Rhinestone Starter Kit
Other ideas for incorporating rhinestone designs into baby gifts: receiving blankets, baby bibs, diaper bags, etc. I can think of so many cute things that could be dressed up with rhinestones!
Here are just a few other rhinestone designs that I thought would be fun:
Have a fab Friday!