I spent the other day just playing with some stamps that I hadn't had the opportunity (or more likely time) to use or use very much yet.
I created this simple Father's Day Card for my husband. Just a little something to express how much I appreciate him and what a great Dad he is to our kids. It's a simple card made interesting with layering of die cut and stamped elements. I also added some stamping inside the card to finish it off.
To create the card:
- Trim the PTI Rustic White cardstock to 4.25x11" and score in half. Stamp background with open airplane design from PTI Fly Away Stamp Set using Stampin' Up Marina Mist Ink. Stamp star from set using SU Crushed Curry Ink.
- Die cut Hero Arts Azure layering paper using PTI Mat Stack 5 die. Stamp label design from PTI Tiny Treat Birthday Stamp Set using SU Pacific Point Ink. Adhere to center of card base.
- Layer black/white striped ribbon on top of stamped label and notch ends.
- Die cut PTI Rustic White cardstock with PTI Double Ended Banner Die and stamp with PTI Ribbon Tails design using SU Crushed Curry Ink. Adhere over ribbon. Add buttons adorned with string ad shown.
- Die cut PTI Smokey Shadow Cardstock using Label Basics Die. Stamp background with Hero Arts Envelope Pattern Background Stamp using SU Basic Gray Ink. Stamp label with PTI Label Basics Stamp using Colorbox Frost White Ink. Stamp greeting from Technique Tuesday Dad Rocks Stamp Set using Frost White Ink.
- Die cut PTI Airplane from Fly Away Stamp Set and stamp with PTI Fly Away stamp inked with SU Marina Mist Ink and "kissed" (see technique HERE) with SU Pacific Point Ink. It gives the airplane a bit of texture. Adhere airplane to label with foam adhesive.
- Stamp closed heart from TT Studio AE January 2011 Stamp Set with SU Crushed Curry Ink. Stamp open heart from same set over the first one using SU Basic Gray Ink. Punch out with 3/4" circle punch and adhere to label with foam adhesive.
- Adhere label to the center of card.
- Stamp greeting on the inside of card with PTI Inside & Out Thank You Stamp Set using SU Basic Gray Ink and TT Studio AE Sentimentally Ali Stamp Set with SU Marina Mist Ink.
SUPPLIES (click photos for links):
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend. Thanks for looking!