The Lawn Fawn Design Team is featuring some retro stamp sets today and showcasing Harvest Season and Heebie Jeebies with some new ideas for using these stamp sets you may already have in your Lawn Fawn collection.
My card features images from the Harvest Season Stamp Set. When I grabbed my Harvest Season Stamp Set I immediately got this idea that the pumpkin would look cute set at the base of some sort of sign with the greeting hanging from the sign post. I immediately set about finding a design to cut using my Silhouette. THIS one from Kerri Bradford was the perfect fit for a card-sized design. All the papers on this card are from one of the new MME 6x6 paper pads (6x6 paper pads are perfect for card making!).
Card How To:
- Die cut sign post from American Crafts black cardstock using Kerri Bradford's This & That Family Just Shapes kit. Adhere with spray adhesive to a 5 1/2 x 3" strip of patterned paper.
- Die cut flag banner using this design from the Silhouette Online Store. I used the "offset feature" to cut one flag from black cardstock and a slightly smaller one from patterned paper.
- Stamp greeting on banner from Lawn Fawn's Harvest Season Stamp Set. I used SU Dusty Durango and Soft Suede Inks. Add punched scallop border at the top of banner and tie string around top. Adhere banner to card as shown.
- Adhere SU Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon under the edges of the 3" wide paper. Punch 3 scalloped borders from coordinating patterned papers and adhere under edge of 3" strip. Machine stitch down sides of paper to secure as shown.
- Stamp pumpkin and leaves on SU text paper using black ink. Color in images with Distress Inks using Ink Blending Tool. Cut out images, add detailing with white pen and adhere to card.
SUPPLIES (click on photos for links):
Stampin' Up Retired Ink Used:
- Dusty Durango
Click HERE to see the Lawn Fawn Design Team's "retro" projects showcasing Harvest Season and Heebie Jeebies.
Leave a comment on the Lawn Fawn Blog Post HERE for a chance to win Harvest Season or Heebie Jeebies and on the Lawn Fawn Blog HERE for a chance to win all nine of the new 2011 Fall/Winter Series stamp sets!