Happy weekend and last day of January 2015!
I'm continuing with my Paper Doll Art Journaling Series and kicking it off with my January 2015 page featuring leftovers from the January 2015 Simon Says Stamp Card Kit. I wanted to create a winter-ish scene with the amazing Bo Bunny Altitude 6x6 patterned papers. I chose the gorgeous Julie Nutting Aurora Paper Doll Stamp for my January page and gave her some cute critters admirers from the Mama Elephant Purrfect Pair Stamp Set, Lawn Fawn Hello Baby Stamp Set and Avery Elle More Stories Stamp Set.
***For information on the text paper I use for my Paper Doll Art Journaling pages, please scroll down under "SHOPPING".***
To create my page I stamped the Julie Nutting Aurora Paper Doll Stamp on the Bo Bunny Altitude 6x6 purple snowflake 6x6 paper and cut out the dress. I added shading with Copic Markers BV23, BV25 and C00. I went over the entire dress with the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Marker. I stamped the image again on the white text Bo Bunny Altitude 6x6 patterned paper and cut out the gloves, adding shading with Cool Gray Copic Markers. I stamped the entire doll again on text paper and colored in her skin and hair with Copic Markers. I stamped the image on some Bazzill Silver Metallic Cardstock, cut it out and adhered it to the doll. I cut the paper doll out and added the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Marker to the crown, then applied a layer of Glossy Accents and set the doll aside.
I created the backgroud using the leftover Bo Bunny Altitude 6x6 patterned papers. I die cut snow drifts for the bottom of the design using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders dies. I adhered the doll to the background, embellishing her outfit with the Julie Nutting Say It With Crystals "jewelry" (coming soon to Simon Says Stamp).
I stamped the phrase "Live Creatively" from an old Studio Calico scrapbook kit on the background using Versamark Ink and heat set the phrase with Simon Says Stamp White Fine Detail Embossing Powder. I added small clear gemstones to the centers of the snowflakes on the background paper.
I stamped the kitty from the Mama Elephant Purrfect Pair Stamp Set, the bunny from the Lawn Fawn Hello Baby Stamp Set and the fox from the Avery Elle More Stories Stamp Set on a scrap of text paper and colored in the images with Copic Markers. I fussy cut each and adhered them to the page.
I finished the page by stamping the date using a date stamp.
To see how I put my January 2015 paper doll art journal page together from start to finish, watch out the video below or view on youtube HERE:
Other supplies (retired, from my stash or coming soon):
- Hobby Lobby Mini Clear Gemstones
- Crate Paper Pretty Party Invitation 12x12 paper (for back snow drift)
- Studio Calico Antiquary Scrapbook Kit Stamp Set ("Live Creatively")
- Prima Julie Nutting Say It In Crystals (COMING SOON!)
I get asked about the text/dictionary paper I use for my dolls a lot. I am using text papers from my scrapbooking stash. A lot of them are old and are no longer available but I like to use up what I have on hand. I've done a search and found similar and current text papers that you might be interested in. Click any of the links below to start shopping:
More pages in my 6x8" Paper Doll Art Journal:
- January 2014 6x8 Art Journal Page (video)
- February 2014 6x8 Art Journal Page (video)
- March 2014 6x8 Art Journal Page (video)
- April 2014 6x8 Art Journal Page (video)
- May 2014 6x8 Art Journal Page (video)
- June 2014 6x8 Art Journal Page (video)
- July 2014 6x8 Art Journal Page (video)
- August 2014 6x8 Art Journal Page (link to video on Simon Says Stamp)
- September 2014 6x8 Art Journal Page (video)
- October 2014 6x8 Art Journal Page (video)
- November 2014 6x8 Art Journal Page (video)
- December 2014 6x8 Art Journal Page (video)