Hello friends! Today I'm sharing a Valentine themed card (that could actually be used anytime) showcasing Pretty Pink Posh stamps and dies. I used the adorable PPP Birdie Notes Mini Stamp with my favorite Scallop Squares Dies to "frame up" the super cute pink chick!
To create my card I die cut a piece of watercolor cardstock using the largest Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Stackable Die. I love this die because it's exactly the same size as the Scallop Square Die so it makes the perfect backing if you're building up frames with dimension. I stamped the chick and envelope from the PPP Birdie Notes Mini Stamp Set using Antique Linen Distress Ink and then I watercolored the images using the following Distress Markers and a paintbrush dipped in water:
Once the images were watercolored, I drew in the eyes with a black marker. I added "sky" with the Tumbled Glass Distress Marker and Peacock Feathers Distress Marker. I added a bit of shadow or ground with the Pumice Stone Distress Marker. When the panel was completely dry (I hit it with a heat tool to dry it quickly) I stamped the greeting from the PPP Just A Note Mini Stamp Set using Lawn Fawn Black Licorice Ink and then I stamped a scattering of hearts using Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, and Candied Apple Distress Inks.
I die cut frames from smooth white cardstock usign the PPP Scallop Squares Dies and Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Squares Stackables Dies. I die cut these again from Fun Foam and layered the frames on the watercolored panel to give the image the look of being "framed up". I attached the frame to a square 4.25" card.
V I D E O T U T O R I A L
To watch the creation of this Valentine's card from start to finish, click HERE or watch below:
S U P P L I E S
The letters below the thumbnails below link to stores where you can purchase the products shown in this post and video: SSS = to purchase from Simon Says Stamp, EH = to purchase from Ellen Hutson, SB.COM = to purchase from Scrapbook.com. Affiliate links used.
S I M I L A R P R O J E C T S
Click the links below for more Valentine's cards and/or projects:
- "Happy Valentine's Day" Romantic Floral Card featuring the Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit
- "Be Mine Valentine" Heart Shaker Card featuring the Simon Says Stamp February Card Kit
- Reverse Confetti Valentine's Treat Bags
- "Happy Valentine's Day" Card featuring Oh Happy Birds Stamps & Dies, Happy Valentine's Day Die, and Dotted Detail Dies
- "You're So Sweet" Lawn Fawn Valentine's Gumballs Card
- "Sending Love Your Way" Lawn Fawn Mailbox Valentine's Card
- "Brighter Days" Umbrella Shaker Card featuring Pretty Pink Posh Scallop Squares Dies