Hello friends! Extended scene tri-fold cards continue to be one of my favorite techniques. I thought it would be fun to incorporate no-line coloring into the mix and create this Purrrfect Birthday No Line Coloring Tri-Fold Scene Card! I combined images from the Oh My Whiskers Stamp Set, Birds and the Bees Stamp Set, Bee Hive Stamp Set, and Bill the Bear Stamp Set for the scene with sentiments from the Purrfect Sentiments Stamp Set and background stenciling with the clouds Outdoor Scene Builder Stencil! This one's going to a dear cat-loving friend for her birthday. I hope she loves it as much as I loved creating it! Let's get started...
V I D E O T U T O R I A L
Watch the creation of this purrrfect birthday no line coloring tri-fold card from start to finish below or click HERE to watch in HD:
For the card base, I trimmed a piece of Bristol Smooth Cardstock to 5 1/2" x 12". Once the background is stamped, colored, and stenciled I will score it at 4" and 8". I recommend waiting until the coloring and inking are complete for best results.
I recommend going ahead and stenciling the background at this point with Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink and the clouds Outdoor Scene Builder Stencil before coloring to reduce the risk of smearing the Zigs.
The images were colored in with the following Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker Color combinations:
- Branch and leaves: 062 Dark Brown, 064 Oatmeal, 041 Light Green, 053 Yellow Green
- Gray kittens: 902 Natural Gray, 900 Warm Gray 2, 999 Blender, 028 Pale Pink
- Black/white kittens: 902 Natural Gray, 900 Warm Gray 2, 999 Blender, 028 Pale Pink
- Orange kittens: 060 Brown, 061 Light Brown
- Bird: 031 Cobalt Blue, 036 Light Blue, 052 Bright Yellow, 050 Yellow, 055 Pale Yellow
- Butterflies: 030 Blue, 803 English Lavender, 052 Bright Yellow, 050 Yellow, 202 Peach Pink, 200 Sugared Almond Pink
- Bees: 902 Natural Gray, 900 Warm Gray 2, 999 Blender, 052 Bright Yellow, 050 Yellow, 803 English Lavender
- Cattails: 041 Light Green, 053 Yellow Green, 062 Dark Brown, 067 Mustard
- Mushrooms: 062 Dark Brown, 067 Mustard, 052 Bright Yellow, 050 Yellow
- Beehive: 062 Dark Brown, 067 Mustard, 076 Medium Beige
- Bucket: 022 Carmine Red, 021 Light Carmine
- Balloons: 202 Peach Pink, 200 Sugared Almond Pink, 052 Bright Yellow, 050 Yellow, 042 Turquoise Green, 049 Green Shadow, 041 Light Green, 053 Yellow Green, 030 Blue, 803 English Lavender
Sentiments from the Purrfect Sentiments Stamp Set were stamped on the background with Versafine Onyx Black Ink as shown.
Bee "trails" from the Bee Hive Stamp Set were stamped on the behind the butterflies and some of the bees with black ink as well.
A Scor Pal was used to scor the panel at 4" and 8" to finish the design.
S U P P L I E S
Below you will find links to the supplies used to create this project(s). Click the icon for the store underneath the thumbnails to start shopping. Where available I use compensated affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me to keep bringing you new projects and videos. Thank you!