Happy Thursday, friends! Today I'm back with another Slim Scenescape Builder card combining new products from both Mama Elephant and Colorado Craft Company! I love the Slim Scenescape Builder Dies and how you can use them with any of your favorite image stamps to build darling scenes!
Affiliate links are used throughout this post at no additional cost to you. This allows me to keep bringing you content. Thank you all for your support!
V I D E O T U T O R I A L
Watch the creation of this hedgehog slim scenescape builder pop up card from start to finish below or click HERE to watch in HD:
HEDGEHOG SLIM SCENESCAPE CARD
- Mama Elephant Slim Scenescape Builder Creative Cuts Dies
- Colorado Craft Company Hedgehog Day Stamp Set
- Colorado Craft Company Hedgehog Day Dies
- Colorado Craft Company Home Sweet Home Stamp Set
- Colorado Craft Company Home Sweet Home Dies
- Simon Says Stamp Drawn Hearts Stencil
- More supplies linked in the supply list at the bottom of this post
The images from the Colorado Craft Company Hedgehog Day Stamp Set and Colorado Craft Company Home Sweet Home Stamp Set were stamped on Bristol Smooth Cardstock with Lawn Fawn Jellyfish No Line Coloring Ink. The images were colored with the following Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers:
- Hedgehogs: Mid Brown, Beige, Light Beige, Pink Haze
- Trees: Mid Brown, Beige, Olive Green, Pale Dawn Gray
- Yellow Planter: Brown, Light Brown, Olive Green, Mid Green, Bright Yellow, Yellow
- Red/Pink Planter: Carmine Red, Light Carmine, Peach Pink, Sugared Almond Pink, Mid Green, Olive Green, Brown, Light Brown
- Hearts: Carmine Red, Light Carmine
- Turquoise Envelope: Turquoise Green, Green Shadow
- Yellow Card: Bright Yellow, Yellow, Peach Pink, Sugared Almond Pink, Light Green
The elements from the Mama Elephant Slim Scenescape Builder Creative Cuts Dies was die cut from smooth white cardstock. The front panel, sides, and layers were inked with Lawn Fawn Artichoke Ink. The background panel was inked with Lawn Fawn Peachy Keen and Guava Inks. The same inks were used with the Simon Says Stamp Drawn Hearts Stencil to create the soft and pretty tone-on-tone background.
The stitched panel for the front of the box was die cut from smooth white cardstock and stamped with greetings from the Colorado Craft Company Hedgehog Day Stamp Set using Lawn Fawn Peachy Keen and Guava Inks. The panel was secured to the front of the box strip. The box was assembled according to the instructions in the video. I share my best tip for quickly and easily assembling the box and getting the inserts to line up perfectly the first time!
The die cut images were adhered to the pop up box card by gluing directly to the different layers as shown or by adhering them first to acetate "picks" (thin strips of acetate). The benefit of the acetate picks is that you can float images in the box card! I floated a die cut greeting, hearts, and clouds for this sweet scene!
Another die from the Mama Elephant Slim Scenescape Builder Creative Cuts Dies was used to die cut Hero Arts Pesto Cardstock. A hedgehog and hearts were stamped, colored, and adhered to the back panel as shown. Another phrase from the Colorado Craft Company Home Sweet Home Stamp Set was stamped on the panel with clear embossing ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. A back panel not only adds stability to the box card design but provides the perfect place to hand write a message to the recipient!
S U P P L I E S
Below you will find links to the supplies used to create this project(s). Click the thumbnails to start shopping. Where available I use compensated affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me to keep bringing you new projects and videos. Thank you!
S H O P P I N G
Shop the May 2021 Mama Elephant Release by clicking the links below:
Shop the May 2021 Colorado Craft Company Anita Jeram Release below: