It's a new week here and I can't wait to show you all this things I've been up to!
Today we are celebrating one of the sponsors of Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember 2021, Whimsy Stamps! The exclusive, limited edition set for STAMPtember 2021 is, Just Chicken In! I paired these cuties with the Lawn Fawn Peekaboo Backdrop for a fun interactive design!
Affiliate links are used throughout this post at no additional cost to you. This allows me to keep bringing you content. Thank you all for your support!
V I D E O T U T O R I A L
Watch the creation of this chickens in the "barn" scene card from start to finish below or click HERE to watch in HD:
JUST CHICKEN IN CARD
- STAMPtember Simon Says Stamp + Whimsy Stamps Just Chicken In Stamps/Dies
- Lawn Fawn Peekaboo Backdrop
- Simon Says Stamp Crackle Background
- More supplies linked in the supply list at the bottom of this post
The Lawn Fawn Peekaboo Backdrop was die cut from smooth white cardstock. Windows were die cut from three of the four openings.
The frame "inserts" were stamped with the Simon Says Stamp Crackle Background using SSS Dark Chocolate Ink. The panels were then inked with SSS Khaki Ink, SSS Schoolhouse Red Ink, and SSS Dark Chocolate Ink. These panels of the "barn" for the chickens!
Greetings from the STAMPtember Simon Says Stamp + Whimsy Stamps Just Chicken In Stamps/Dies were stamped on the inserts with clear embossing ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
On another piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" panel of smooth white cardstock, the window openings were lightly traced with a pencil and then images from the STAMPtember Simon Says Stamp + Whimsy Stamps Just Chicken In Stamps/Dies were stamped with Hero Arts Intens-ified Ink. The images and backgrounds were colored with the following Copic Markers:
- Chicks: YR23, YR31, YR30, R00, YR27
- Hen: YR30, YR24, YR27, E19, Y38, R46, R59
- Rooster: R46, R59, YR23, YR24, YR27, BG72, BG75, BG78, B32, B34, B37 (*the rooster was stamped on a separate piece of cardstock and fussy cut)
- Eggs/Basket: B32, B34, B37, YR23, YR31, E50, E55, E57 (*the basket of eggs was stamped on a separate piece of cardstock and fussy cut)
- Backgrounds: E40, E43, E44, E47, E49
- Hay: YR31, YR23
The frame and peekaboo windows were backed with foam adhesive (only around the edges of the windows so they still open!). The frame was adhered over the stamped and colored background.
The rooster and basket were adhered to the card as shown.
Heart accents were adhered to the card to finish the design.
S U P P L I E S
Below you will find links to the supplies used to create this project(s). Click the thumbnails to start shopping. Where available I use compensated affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Your support helps me to keep bringing you new projects and videos. Thank you!
S H O P P I N G
Shop all the entire Simon Says Stamp STAMPtember Collaborations while supplies last by clicking the links below: